Sunday, February 12, 2012

DETOX: Day 4 of 5




I'd be lying if I told you that everything is going perfectly. All in all, I really can't complain - Justin just FINISHED his 10-day detox as of this morning, and he hardly complained for a moment. In case your math is rusty, that's twice as long as my 5-day detox...I'm not sure how he did it.
This looks WAY more do-able! Sign me up!

I'm not sick or weak or nauseous...just a bit hungry. I'm starting to crave foods: grilled chicken, pasta, macaroni and cheese, frozen yogurt, pita and hummus, real milk...you name it, it sounds pretty darn good right about now! The worst part is, I actually craved fast food today! I know, gross. But I just couldn't help it. I passed a Chik-Fil-A and my mouth instantly started watering.

The good news is, I'm nearing the end! And, I have to admit that I do feel "clean," hydrated, and anti-bloated. That's a good sign that this whole detox thing has something to it; I can't wait to weigh in on Tuesday morning and see what happened!

Yesterday, I did our weekly grocery shopping and nearly fainted from all the solid food around me! Tonight, I'm cooking turkey tacos for my sweet husband, so I'm going to need some serious perseverance to keep from crumbling! In the words of Dionne Warwick, say a little prayer for me!

DAY FOUR: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 12


TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE:1003 calories

MEAL #1: WHEY PROTEIN SHAKE AND ALMONDS

  • 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1 scoop natural whey protein
  • 1/4 cup almonds 
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
NUTRITION: 350 calories, 17 g carbs, 23 g protein, 23 g fat, 9 g fiber 
MEAL #2: GREEN SMOOTHIE
  • 1 medium banana
  • 1 cup kale
  • 1 blood orange
  • 1 cup cucumbers
  • 1/2 scoop whey protein
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
NUTRITION: 329 calories, 56 g carbs, 18 g protein, 7 g fat, 10 g fiber

SNACK: SMALL BLOOD ORANGE
  • 1 small blood orange
NUTRITION: 70 calories, 6 g carbs, 1 g protein, 0 g fat, 3 g fiber
MEAL #3: PURPLE SMOOTHIE
  • 1 blood orange
  • 1 1/2 cups kale
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
NUTRITION: 254 calories, 58 g carbs, 5 g protein, 4 g fat, 9 g fiber
One day left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunrise