Sunday, February 19, 2012

Balsamic Roasted Green Beans


I don't just like green beans, I love them. To the moon and back.

 Green beans have been a staple at my family get-togethers since, well, the day I was born and probably long before. My grandmother was the champion of the green bean casserole, my mom the adapter of the green bean bundle, and my aunt the undisputed queen of southern-style French green beans. 


Needless to say, I've got big shoes to fill. Here's one of my first attempts at penciling my name into the family green bean hall of fame...


BALSAMIC ROASTED GREEN BEANS



GRAB THIS:
  • 1 lb. fresh green beans, preferably thin French style beans
  • 1 1/2 T olive oil
  • 1 T balsamic vinegar
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 T finely grated Parmesan cheese (optional)




DO THIS:

  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 
  • Trim ends of beans. Cut beans in half, if desired.
  • Put cut beans  into a Ziploc bag or plastic bowl. Whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar and pour over, then squeeze bag or stir so all the beans and mushrooms are lightly coated with the mixture.
  • Arrange on large cookie sheet, spreading them out well so beans are not crowded. 
  • Roast 20-30 minutes, until beans are tender-crisp. 
  • Season beans to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper, then sprinkle with Parmesan if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunrise