Saturday, February 11, 2012

DETOX: Day 3 of 5



Tonight, I can officially say that I'm OVER half-way through my 5-day detox!! That's definitely something to be excited about. You know what's also exciting? My husband comes home from Atlanta tonight (albeit very late tonight)!! Very exciting indeed.

This does pose a very special challenge for me, though. My husband needs a real dinner, not a blended one. And, since he's been out of town, I want to cook something that he really enjoys but rarely gets to eat...tacos. Turkey tacos, of course, but tacos nonetheless. So, I am interested to see what temptations cooking turkey tacos will bring to the table on Sunday night. Stay tuned to find out!

Yesterday (Friday), I got a bit lethargic around noon but finally caught a second wind later in the afternoon. I'm not sure how much of that was caused by my busy week and long nights, and how much of it (if any) resulted from the detox.

Today, I'm going to try to get even closer to my calorie goal AND stay more motivated...all in one short step. Between lunch and dinner, I'm adding in a snack - a blood orange, to be precise. Although the most extreme instructions ask that you avoid whole (solid) foods in their entirety throughout a detox, I'm 100% confident that one small blood orange (which is soft to begin with and easy to digest) will make or break this detox. 

DAY THREE: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11












TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE: 1514 CALORIES 

PRE-BREAKFAST: NATURAL OATS
  •  1/2 cup natural oats
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 5 blueberries
NUTRITION: 229 calories, 50 g carbs, 6 g protein, 5 g fat, 8 g fiber




MEAL #1: WHEY PROTEIN SHAKE AND ALMONDS
  • 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1 scoop natural whey protein
  • 1/4 cup almonds 
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
NUTRITION: 350 calories, 17 g carbs, 23 g protein, 23 g fat, 9 g fiber



MEAL #2: GREEN SMOOTHIE
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1/4 cup brussel sprouts
  • 1/4 cup carrots
  • 1 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 scoop whey protein
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
NUTRITION: 439 calories, 90 g carbs, 27 g protein, 8 g fat, 20 g fiber

SNACK: SMALL BLOOD ORANGE
  • 1 small blood orange
NUTRITION: 70 calories, 6 g carbs, 1 g protein, 0 g fat, 3 g fiber




MEAL #3: PURPLE SMOOTHIE
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 1/2 cups kale
  • 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
  • 2 brussel sprouts
  • 3 spears asparagus
  • 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
NUTRITION: 426 calories, 103 g carbs, 11 g protein, 6 g fat, 17 g fiber



Thanks for all the encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunrise