Thursday, November 10, 2011

Memories on the Mountain

Last weekend, Kyle and I joined six beautiful friends for an early Thanksgiving in the mountains. Two of the couples, the Clarks and the Smiths, are dear friends of ours from college, and we were so blessed to spend time with them again. The third couple, Billy and Lauren, are new friends that we met for the first time last Friday. 

Kyle and I had an A-MAZING time. When we agreed to go on the trip, I second-guessed myself several times, thinking that two nights in Tennessee might not be worth the six-hour drive. 

I was very, very wrong.

What amazed me most about our time in the mountains is how little how changed between us. In college, we were full-time students with no jobs, little responsibility, and no idea where we'd be in 10, 5, or even 2 years. Fast forward to 2011, and we have wedding rings, careers, homes, and lives that are vastly different from the world that we lived in two years ago. And yet, despite all that change, we came together for three days, and I felt like I was back in Oxford, Mississippi. Football was watched. Settlers was played. Laughs were plentiful. Life was beautiful. 

Below, I've added a few of my very favorite pictures from the weekend. I can't help but smile as I look at these pictures and think about all of the wonderful memories we made in college, in the mountains this past weekend, and those that we're sure to make for years to come. 

Pretty sappy, yes? I can't help it.

Driving to Tennessee.

Yep, that's me. Bungee jumping.

At the Pancake Pantry.

I love him.

This is what Fall looks like.

Our God is greater.

Lauren and Katy, getting ready for bobsledding.

Chris and Hayden, being awesome.

Kyle is pretty stoked.

Lauren and Billy

Katy and Charles

Hayden and Chris

Kyle and Me

Beautiful friends.


 
Beautiful life.

1 comment:

Sunrise