Sunday, November 27, 2011

Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly, Fa La La La La, La La La La

Since Halloween, I've been repressing my Christmas spirit relentlessly...no Christmas shopping, no Christmas music, no Christmas decorating. It's been rough, I have to admit.

Nevertheless, Thanksgiving day (as much as I love it) has finally come and gone, and it's all Christmas from here on out. The tree is decorated, the wreath is on the door, and Black Friday has been conquered. Here are a few (okay, a lot) of shots of our Christmas spirit at 309 McDowell Drive. I hope you enjoy perusing them as much as I enjoyed taking them...with our new Canon EOS Rebel T3, might I add!

DIY tutorials coming soon!


Ornament from "The Christmas Shop" in Gatlinburg


Camera settings: ISO 6400, SS 1/32 (House lights off)


Ornament from Carolina Pottery


Squirrel ornament from Target

Dorothy's glass slipper ornament, from the Museum of American History (Washington, DC)

Ole Miss football player ornament, from Kyle's grandmother

A close-up of my ragamuffin linen garland (tutorial coming soon)

Owl ornament (set of 3) from Target

Bird ornament from Walmart (who knew?)

 Deer antler ornament from Walmart (Kyle's choice, of course)


 Poinsettias from Michael's


Ruffled Christmas tree skirt (tutorial coming soon)



My DIY winter wreath!



Coffee table (I'm loving burlap this season)

Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Sunrise