Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lately.

Life never slows down.

There is much that I could tell you about our adventures over the next few weeks. In short, Kyle got a new job, I got a raise, and London met a new best friend. In the way of school, it's slowly taking over our lives once again. In the way of future plans, well, there's a lot to be said there. So, let's take these stories one at a time...

JOBS
-Kyle and I have been praying for him to become a barista at a soon-to-open coffee shop in North Raleigh for some time now. This is no Starbucks-seeker gig, though - the owner is Christian who will be sending a percentage of his profits back to coffee growers in Africa. Anyways, the grand opening is currently set for March 19, and you guessed it...Kyle will be behind the counter.
-My job, which is wonderful and a great blessing to Kyle and myself, had begun to consume my time, thoughts, and energy. While this was beneficial for our bank account, it has been taking its toll on the rest of our lives. My boss is a sweet and understanding man, and he recognized this problem before it began to affect my work itself. As a solution, he offered to cut back my hours, give me a raise, and hire an evening trainer.


LONDON
-Our sweet dog has finally met a neighborhood friend! In fact, Kyle and I may have met some new friends as well. A couple living across the street from us recently got a sweet Sheltie named Khloe, and she and London are having quite a wonderful time together on walks and at the dog park. The couple, Clark and Sara, are newlyweds with no children and were married on the same day as Kyle and myself. I think that this little friendship may bring great blessing.

SCHOOL
-I should be more honest...school really isn't that bad - it's just frustrating. It takes up a lot of time, quizzes are impossible, and I've come to the somber conclusion that the reading is never, never done.

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, Outer Banks, NC
FUTURE TRAVELS
- We've recently booked a weekend getaway to the Outer Banks for our anniversary. We are extremely excited about this, but pray with us that our financial discipline will prevail, that we may save wisely for this trip.
-Kyle and I are praying about a short-term mission trip in October. Please pray with us for discernment, finances, and a place for London to stay should we go.
-Our 2013 2-year deployment is set for the North Africa/Middle East region. We don't yet know what country we'll be going to, but, in case you haven't noticed, things aren't looking too peachy over there right now. Please pray with us for the gospel to break through during this time of unrest, and pray, of course, for peace.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunrise